Saturday, November 21, 2009

Kiwi's Arrives in Nj

Kiwi foster plans changed a few times over the first few weeks she was in NJ. She spent her first week in a temporary foster while we finalized plans for her long term foster. An opportunity came up for us to partner with Camp Bow Wow and they offered to foster Kiwi for us long term. We decided to give this option a try and since the Camp Bow Wow was located near me and I would plan to pick Kiwi up some days/weekends to make sure she still got to spend time in a home environment and get a break from the daycare environment.
Kiwi was extremely nervous when she first arrived at Camp BowWow but quickly warmed up and seemed to enjoy mingling with the other dogs. All of the staff at CBW instantly fell in love with Kiwi and found that she was so mellow they were able to use her to calm down some of the craziest and most high strung dogs.
I went to visit Kiwi today to meet her and get some pictures for her petfinder. I was surprised when I met her that she did not seem nearly as large as the picture I had seen of her made her look. She was a bit nervous and skeptical of me at first but very quickly warmed up and began to nudge up against me wagging her nub looking for attention.

Here are the pictures





No comments:

Post a Comment